I am trained in teaching exercise to prenatal postnatal clients. There is lots going on in a female body during and after pregnancy. I’ve coached 100’s of female clients from high risk to athletes helping them gain more energy during pregnancy, reduced stress, and anxiety, quicker recovery from birth, fewer complications in pregnancy, shorter labor time & increased self-esteem!
I work with prenatal and postnatal physiology adaptations, musculoskeletal & metabolic adaptations, maternal responses to acute exercise, fetal responses to acute exercise, aerobic and resistance-training effects in labor and delivery, exercise guidelines for pre/postpartum, nutrient requirements throughout pregnancy.
Some of the topics I teach:
- Describe principles of basic exercise physiology and kinesiology as it relates to pregnancy.
- Explain the maternal adaptations to exercise that occur during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Explain common discomforts of pregnancy and recommend exercises for relief of symptoms.
- Recommend and demonstrate exercises for relieving discomfort for the pregnant participant.
- Select and integrate mind body exercises, effective breathing, and relaxation techniques into an exercise program for pregnant women.
- Illustrate a sound curriculum for teaching a maternity health & fitness program to women in all stages of pregnancy.
- Integrate a variety of small exercise apparatus in our one-on-one sessions.
- Design appropriate exercises for prenatal, pregnant and postpartum clients in the personal training setting.
- Discuss the changing nutritional needs for women prenatal and in each stage of pregnancy.